How to Make A Bootable USB: Windows Installation Complete Guide:
Type of Windows Installation Methods
There are at least two main types of windows installation methods. I don't know what people called them but I have given these two methods of installation separate names. These types of installation are below.
UEFI Mode Windows Installation
I already showed you the legacy mode windows installation now, I'm going to show you how to make a bootable USB for UEFI Mode Windows Installation. You need to follow me just and please be with me. First of all you must have a windows installation DVD disk or a windows image file or all installations files copied from windows installation DVD disk or extracted from a windows image file. So what should you have? I said:
1. A Windows Installation DVD disk
2. A Windows Image File
3. All installations files copied from Windows Installation DVD disk Or All installation files extracted from A Windows Image File.
Listen: If you don't have the option no.2 I mean A Windows Image File and you have other options ie 1 and 3 then, you have to make A Windows Image File from option 2 and three. If you don't have non of 3 options then you have to download windows from internet. I will show you how to download a windows from internet. Now, I must show you how to make A Windows Image File if you have option 1 or 3. After that I will show you how to make a bootable USB for this UEFI mode installation method.
Creating A Windows Image File:
For creating an image file from folders or file, you need a software called Magic ISO Maker. You can download it from its official website. But you won't be able to create a large image file through a free version and for creating A Windows Image File, you must use a pro version. So go and buy that one. Oh! don't worry. Here you can download a pro version. Here is the link for download Magic ISO Maker Pro. Click here to download Magic ISO Maker From Here. Oy. Follow me after when you download and install Magic ISO Maker. Follow these steps for creating A Windows Image File.
1. Open Magic ISO Maker and Open the folder which has All Installation Files as well as shown below in picture.
2. Select all files and hold them left click and drop them in Magic ISO Maker at once as shown below.
3. Select all files droped to Magic ISO Maker and click on File and then Save As. Give "Windows Image" a name and save it to deskop.
4. Hurrah! A Windows Image File Created.
Making A Bootable USB For UEFI Mode Installation Method
For making a bootable USB for UEFI mode installation method, you need a software name "Rufus". You can easily download it from its official website. I must give it's official website's link here. Click Here To Download Rufus From Official Website Now. After downloading this software, you don't need to install it. It is portable software. Follow me for making a bootalbe USB. Here are the steps.
1. Plugin Your USB. Note: Back Up Your Files From USB First
2. Open Rufus Software.
3. You need to select "GPT Partition Scheme For UEFI" in partition scheme and target system type.It will be a good idea to check your disk on which you are gonna install windows. For chcking this you need a software called "AOMEI Partition Assistant". Don't worry. Download it from here right now.
4. Here you need to select "Fat32 as a Default" and sometime "NTFS" in File System. Note: You won't be able to copy a file having size more than 4GB to your USB. In such cases you need to select NTFS file system. This will be a good idea to test both of file systems. One of them should work.
For converting your file system without losing your data on your card or disk or USB, you can use a software. You can download it from here.
5. Select Windows Image File in create bootable disk using ISO image : The file we created above.
6. Click On Start and wait for completing.
7. A Bootable USB Created. Now plugin the USB to the computer you want to install windows in.
8. During booting, Press the boot option key. Usually Dell Computers has F12 for boot option.
9. After pressing boot option key, UEFI Plus Your USB name will appear in options there. Select that one.