How to Make A Bootable USB: Windows Installation Complete Guide:
You may wondering here and there in search to find out the best way to make a bootable USB, so you can install windows from USB instead of a DVD disk.Here you found the best article about the problem you are searching solution for. We always try to find a guid of making USB bootable on internet or in youtube and we follow them direclty but we face many problem in making USB bootable and in installation of the windows. Today, I'm gonna solve all problems related to making a bootable usb as well all problems related to windows installation. So be with me from top to bottom of this awesome article. Okay! I am not worry,
if you call this article a bad article. :)
In youtube and on google, the youtubers etc won't tell you about different types of installation method and different types of errors during installation. We all faces these errors. But the fact is that these errors are not because of methods. We face these problems or errors during installatioin due to a wrong chosen method. We must understand all errors, installation methods and their types etc. So we save our time as well as our power during making a bootable usb and during installation of windows to our personal computers. Today, I'm going to show you how to do these all without having any skills or differnt knowledges etc. You should follow each step with great attention. You shouldn't miss any step and you should understand them all and then you have to follow them one by one.
Types of Windows Installation Methods
There are at least two main types of windows installation methods. I don't know what people called them but I have given these two methods of installation separate names. These types of installation are below.
1. Legacy Mode Windows Installation:
In computing, legacy mode is a state in which a computer system, component, or software application behaves in a way different from its standard operation in order to support older software, data, or expected behavior. This type of windows installation or bios system is for old computer and for old version of windows. This boot use MBR partion for processing. Here in Legacy Mode Windows Installation, You need to have a MBR partitioned bootable USB but don't worry. You will understand the difference etc soon. I'm going to explain this type of installation method below.
2. UEFI Mode Windows Installation:
UEFI boot is the boot process used by UEFI firmware. The firmware maintains a list of valid boot volumes called EFI Service Partitions. During the POST procedure the UEFI firmware scans all of the bootable storage devices that are connected to the system for a valid GPT. So this type of boot uses GPT partition for processing. Here in UEFI Mode Windows Installation, You need to have a GPT partioned bootable USB and sometime you also need MBR partion too. So don't worry. I will explain these all things in method comming below.
Legacy Mode Windows Installation
I'm going to show you how to make a bootable USB for Legacy Mode Windows Installation. You need to follow me just and please be with me. First of all you must have a windows installation DVD disk or a windows image file or all installations files copied from windows installation DVD disk or extracted from a windows image file. So what should you have? I said:
1. A Windows Installation DVD disk
2. A Windows Image File
3. All installations files copied from Windows Installation DVD disk Or All installation files extracted from A Windows Image File.
Listen: If you don't have the option no.2 I mean A Windows Image File and you have other options ie 1 and 3 then, you have to make A Windows Image File from option 2 and three. If you don't have non of 3 options then you have to download windows from internet. I will show you how to download a windows from internet. Now, I must show you how to make A Windows Image File if you have option 1 or 3. After that I will show you how to make a bootable USB for this legacy mode installation method.
Creating A Windows Image File:
For creating an image file from folders or file, you need a software called Magic ISO Maker. You can download it from its official website. But you won't be able to create a large image file through a free version and for creating A Windows Image File, you must use a pro version. So go and buy that one. Oh! don't worry. Here you can download a pro version. Here is the link for download Magic ISO Maker Pro. Click here to download Magic ISO Maker From Here. Oy. Follow me after when you download and install Magic ISO Maker. Follow these steps for creating A Windows Image File.
1. Open Magic ISO Maker and Open the folder which has All Installation Files as well as shown below in picture.
2. Select all files and hold them left click and drop them in Magic ISO Maker at once as shown below.
3. Select all files droped to Magic ISO Maker and click on File and then Save As. Give "Windows Image" a name and save it to deskop.
4. Hurrah! A Windows Image File Created.
Making A Bootable USB For Legacy Mode Installation Method
For making a bootable USB for legacy mode installation method, you need a software name "Rufus". You can easily download it from its official website. I must give it's official website's link here. Click Here To Download Rufus From Official Website Now. After downloading this software, you don't need to install it. It is portable software. Follow me for making a bootalbe USB. Here are the steps.
1. Plugin Your USB. Note: Back Up Your Files From USB First
2. Open Rufus Software.
3. You need to select "MBR Partition Scheme For Bios Or UEFI" in partition scheme and target system type. Don't worry. I will give a picture below.
4. Here you need to select "Fat32 as a Default" in File System. Note: You won't be able to copy a file having size more than 4GB to your USB. In such cases you need to select NTFS file system. This will be a good idea to know about the disk file system of the disk on which you are gonna install windows. Then chose that one.
For converting your file system without losing your data on your card or disk or USB, you can use a software. You can download it from here.
5. Select Windows Image File in create bootable disk using ISO image : The file we created above.
6. Click On Start and wait for completing.
7. A Bootable USB Created. Now plugin the USB to the computer you want to install windows in.
8. During booting, Press the boot option key. Usually Dell Computers has F12 for boot option.
9. If you don't have already enable legacy mode in your bios then search on google for enabling it for your computer.
10. During boot option, slect USB.