You know that we all use USB, SD cards etc for traveling our data from one place ot another or from copying/moving or shifting data from one server/computer to other or from one mobile to another mobile phone. Both USB and SD cards are very necessary in our life for us so we can travel or copy our data or move or data. Sometime when we put our USB flash drive then we face a problem due called USB Shortcuts Problem. It makes our USB flash drive full of virus and different folders and files having knowfull and sometime strange names
Sometime we lose our data too because it makes our data dissappear too. After the attack of these virus we don't have the files we put or copy in it. We then deleted the garbage files and folder and we think we have deleted all of data in that effected USB but when we check the properties of that USB, we come accross the fact that we have still some data in our USB which holds some space in our USB flash drive.
How does these virus comes in our USB?
Here I must tell you guys that why these virus or shortcuts come and from where they come into our USB drive. The fact is that we put our USB driver in many laptop or desktop computers. Sometime we put them in our library or labortary computer where there already virus in that computers. Sometimes we give our USB for a shopkeeper or net cafe holder so we can print out our files. Sometimes we give and put our USB in our friends laptop or desktop computers having already virus. Through these different ways, our USB got virus too and all of our useful data becomes dissappear at once due to the single pluging.
How to Remove These Shortcuts & How to Reappear Our Files?
Now here the question is that how to remove these virus and will we lose our data or not. Luckily, the answer is very awesome. Yes, It is posible to reappear your data plus remove the shortcuts from ur USB flash drive. I must go fast, so you get your data fast and quick. Listen: You shouldn't format your USB flash drive. You can just delete the garbage files or folders you don't know about. For removing shortcuts and for appearing them back you must follow me in below steps.
- Do not format your USB drive.
- Remove your USB drive and check whether you have shortcuts in other folder or disk in your computer rather than your USB.
- If your computer is already effected and have shortcuts and virus then you must clean your computer of virus first.
- If your computer doesn't have any virus or shortcuts then proceed to the next step 5.
- Plugin to your USB to your PC and go to my computer for noting the path of your USB. i.e E, F Or G etc.
- Open command prompt or CMD through administrator. You must know how to do it otherwise search it on google or
- Simply search cmd in your computer search and right click over command prompt and select "Run as administrator".
- In command prompt type the path letter and colon and press Enter. Let suppose the path is F so type "F:" without quote and press Enter.
- Then type "del *.lnk" without quotation marks and press Enter. i.e del space * no space . no space lnk
- Ignore what appeared and go next.
- Then type "attrib -s -r -h *.* /s /d /l and press Enter. i.e attrib space -s space -r space -h space *.* space /s space /d space /l
- Now go to my computer and open your USB, you will see all of your files which were disappear after getting shortcuts.
- Note: Usually files recovers in a folder having no name.
Note: If all of them didn't work then you may not follow these steps correctly or may your USB or computer has different type of malwares or problems.
If this method was helpful then give me a like below and like our page.